End-to-End, Horizontal and All IP Software IoT Platform
Yanzi delivers an end-to-end, horizontal and all-IP software IoT platform. We offer sensors, gateways and a cloud server system packaged into a Software as a Service solution for Smart Home and Smart Office applications. The horizontal and all-IP approach provides a solution that is easy, smart and evolutionary.
With Yanzi, anything from low-cost battery-powered temperature sensors to high-performance surveillance cameras can be connected to the Internet in a secure and cost efficient way. This is done either directly or via a gateway.
Leading service providers build amazing applications based on the Yanzi software platform which is accessible via the Yanzi Open API.
There are Billions of Things
The Internet-of-Things aims to connect millions of users and places to billions of things.
The Internet-of-Things aims to connect millions of users and places to billions of things. The Yanzi Cloud Software Platform operates on cloud servers and gateways; it collects data, manages devices, and provides processed information to users in real time.
It scales to hundreds of millions of users and/or gateways by being distributed over many cloud servers simultaneously.
The Gateway, an extension of the Cloud
Yanzi gateways may cost as little as a few dollars to connect a few things in a small installation. It may also connect tens of thousands of things using a high-performance gateway. The Yanzi gateway software implements the Yanzi cloud platform but also provides many gateway-specific functions, such as:
- Aggregation of data from things allows for sharing of expensive WAN link resources and common storage modules
- Adaptation between wide area network (WAN) and local area network (LAN) link technologies
- Encrypted communication channel with the cloud to allow instant remote access and real-time notifications
- Autonomous operation if WAN link is unavailable
- High performance local API for data, such as video, without sending it over the WAN link
- Data synchronization with the cloud of sensor data, device configuration, backups, and authentication information
- Discovery and enabling of new things locally
Things Should Be Simple, Reliable, and Secure
All Yanzi things provide
- Automatic discovery (UPnP), installation, and configuration through “Zero-Touch configuration”
- Authentication by user and automatic security setup, ECC and AES-128, through Zero-Touch configuration
- Maintains an encrypted communication channel with the cloud to allow instant remote access and real-time notifications.
- Mesh networking to increase reliability
- A robust and standard networking layer to increase reliability
- Long operating life of individual things
Many things will also benefit from
- Wireless operation with automatic configuration of radio parameters.
- Low power consumption, 10+ years of battery life
- Low cost
- Extended functionality by remotely upgrading the firmware from the cloud; dual firmware images with checksum verification for reliable upgrades
- SSDP/UPnP and mDNS for discovery
- IPv6 and IPv4 support
- IPv6 mesh networking
- IPv6 routing based on IETF RPL
- IEEE 802.11 at 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- IEEE 802.15.4 at 2.4GHz standard, 868/915MHz optional
- IEEE 802.3 10/100/1000BASE-T
- Low cost ARM to high performance x86 platforms
- All object-oriented JAVA / OSGI design
- Automatic firewall traversal
- Elliptic Curve Cryptography, ECC
- HTTPS / SSL